Tips to Efficiently Organize Food Storage Containers
We all know how food storage containers have made our lives easy. They help us preserve our leftovers and long-term foods. Having food storage containers enables us to access food items in times of need, or just temporarily store some staple goods and organize the food purchases. There will always be the right type of food containers available for virtually any food item to be stored. However, there are times when even the most useful product will turn out to be annoying when stored in huge quantity. A cluttered storage of food containers may cause chaos and give you a great deal of hassle when accessing them.
Since most food containers are used on an on-and-off basis depending on when you want to store food items, it is not very prudent to just throw them away. They should always be accessible and organized. Organizing storage containers will help one to access food items when you need them and provide them a longer shelf life.
You can follow these tips to help you efficiently to organize food storage containers.
1. Lay your entire collection of food containers and their lids on top of the counter or kitchen table. Assess which ones you can still reuse, give away or get rid of especially containers that are damaged, broken or do not have a partner. Determine which of them you may still need and just get rid of those which you never use.
2. Put a label on each food storage container, that shows the name of the food item stored and its expiration date, using a permanent marker. It is very important to label food items that are stored outside its original manufacturer's container.
3. Categorize your food items based on food group. Example, you can group condiments (like salt, mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, chili sauce and relish) together.
4. Organize and keep all food containers and lids in one area, say in a kitchen drawer or cupboard with enough space to stack, arrange it conveniently to access them. It is easier to keep them organized when there is enough space. Make sure that they are stored in a dry, dark room where the temperature does not change often.
5. If you run out of space to store your food containers, then create more spaces where you can store them. A great option would be to keep them under the bed, inside the closet, extra drawers, or even the garage. Refrain from keeping foods entirely on the floor since food containers made from metal may rust over time and other storage containers can easily be infested by insects.
6. Keep food storage containers by sorting them according to the size and shape. It may also depend on space constraints, so it can be ideal to store smaller containers within the larger ones and keep the lids separately. Or, you may opt to assign the lids to the containers immediately and just store them together.
7. To make your food containers easily visible and within reach, you can install a pull-out drawer inside kitchen cupboards. You can add a separator in between so you can separate the lids from the containers. But if you do not want to take time to mix and match them, you can just leave the lids on the food containers.
Another great solution to organizing your food storage containers is not to add more containers from take-outs. You do not actually need too many containers to keep them all in. If there are containers which you would no longer use, you can give them away to your local recycling center and have it recycled.
Join Our Community!
Like what you see? Get a FREE account and start posting, sharing, and discovering more!
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Find out the answers to your questions by contacting us. We look forward to hearing from you!